Dr. Carmen Báez-Franceschi
Dr. Carmen Báez-Fraceschi, MD, MBA, is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of The Wellness Institute of Neurodevelopment (WIN). She possesses over twenty (20) years as a Board Certified Pediatrician and maintains her medical licenses in Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico. She has spent over a decade specializing in the treatment of children and adolescence with neurodevelopment disorders which inspired the establishment of WIN.
DR. CARMEN BÁEZ-FRACESCHI FIRST DEMONSTRATION OF HER DESIRE TO DISCOVER AND DEVELOP NEW IDEAS WAS HER RESEARCH DONE WITH THE NATIONAL FOREST SERVICE SCIENTISTS, AT THE AGE OF 13, PUBLISHED IN 1979.
Dr. Carmen Báez-Franceschi earned her Bachelor’s Degree (with a concentration in Biology) from the University of Puerto Rico, graduating Magna Cum Laude in 1990. During her undergraduate years, her passion for research earned her national recognition by way of scholarships from the National Science Foundation, the National Institute of Health and MBRS.
In 1994, she received her Doctorate Degree (MD), with honors, from the University of Puerto Rico, Medical Science Campus. It was in medical school that she discovered she loved treating children, thus deciding to complete a specialty in Pediatrics and one day, starting her own concierge pediatric practice.
She completed her residency in Pediatrics in All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida. By 1997, she’d earned her certification from the American Board of Pediatrics. After completing her training, Dr. Carmen Báez-Franceschi became a faculty member of Suncoast Hospital/Family Practice Residency, located in Clearwater, Florida. During this time, she joined Largo Wellness Center and became a CMS physician assigned to deliver care for children with severe chronic and developmental problems. At this time, while working on this assignment, she became very frustrated with the limited programs available to help these children improve in development. Little that she knew at this time, that this frustration planted the seed that would evolve in new developments and the center of her future professional life as an integrative medicine doctor.
Upon returning to Puerto Rico in 1999, she assisted the development of the Department of Pediatrics in a new multi-specialty clinic. A couple of years later, she joined its Board of Directors, and a couple of years after that she became Professor ad honorem at the University of Puerto Rico, where she’s been training pediatric residents ever since.
In 2007, she inaugurated Star Kids Club, now known as the Wellness Institute of Neurodevelopment; a multi-specialty clinic specialized in individualized programs that combined Integrative Medicine with technology in a holistic way to help children and adults achieve the maximum neurological development in the least time possible, assuring her place as a leading holistic medical doctor.
She developed the Franceschi Method TM, a treatment protocol for neurological conditions, that combines different methodologies of treatment and continually measures that the patient is achieving maximum progress utilizing quantitative and neurological evaluations.
Dr. Carmen Báez-Franceschi continually evaluates and treats patients from different countries and states in the US. The Wellness Institute of Neurodevelopment received, in 2015, the Medical Tourism Association Certification.
Recently, she has started collaborating with professors in the Ponce Medical School / UPR Medical Science Campus in clinical research studies and the University of Houston.
Books, Articles & Other Publications
- Dr. Carmen Báez-Franceschi, Mi hijo tiene Autismo, Publication-2012
- Dr. Carmen Báez-Franceschi, Franceschi Method TM – Created effective protocol of treatment for children with Autism, ADD/ADHD and other developmental problems-2007
- Dr. Carmen Báez-Franceschi, Franceschi Theory – Algorithm that tries to explain the etiology of developmental problems and the development of the Franceschi Method TM – 2007
- Dr. Carmen Báez-Franceschi, hundreds of articles for local newspapers, magazines, TV interviews, digital media-2001-2017
Certifications, Honors & More
- Med Achievement Award The Legacy 2013
- ACAM Mitochondria in Health and Disease: A Clinician’s Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment – Hollywood, FL, May 2013
- 2012 Top Management Awards, Health, SME, San Juan, PR Nov 2012
- Homeopathic Seminar on Metabolic Syndrome/ Autism, Prague, CZ Oct 2012
- Autism Research Institute Clinical Seminar II New Jersey, April 2012
- Integrated Listening System International Annual Conference Invited speaker, A DAN Doctor Approach Utilizing Biomedical Treatments and ILS (Case presentations) Denver, CO / 2011
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, Advanced Undersea/ Hyperbaric Medical Team Training Key Largo, FL / 2010
- Certification on the operation of a Hyperbaric Chamber for medical team
- Integrated Listening System Course advisor – Miami, FL / 2010
- Autism Research Institute Clinical Seminar I -Tampa, FL / 2010
- Autism Research Institute Clinical Seminar II -Baltimore, MD / 2010
- Integrated Listening System Advanced Professional Certification –Denver, CO / 2007
- Homeopathic Medicine
- Integrative Medicine Doctor
- Concierge Pediatric Practice